Writing requires inspiration and motivation. I’m facing writing block at present and so I write blog posts instead of what I really want to write, fiction. Fiction is a beautiful as it allows you to build worlds. Each novel, each comic book, each story you have read, each movie or series you have watched has a world, a particular, specific world with its own rules. I like fantasy, and sometimes science fiction and speculative fiction. The world we are living in present doesn’t allow for much imagination for all but we can try to imagine. Each story has a different world and you can explore that world when you read that story. I have read a lot so the cognitive dissonance I had when the real world contrasted with the perception of the world that I had due to reading, especially fiction, was tremendous. With time the your perception of the world, the real world and the fictional world start to coexist together in your mind after compromise though they do take input from each other. The reality we are living in present, it’s hard to not be cynical but fiction allows you to get into world where you can leave your cynicism behind. I try to write different kind of stories. Yes some of them are dark, cynical and noirish or straight up laced with dark humor but I do write romantic stuff too though romance from the world is fast disappearing. I have a bunch of writing projects in pipeline and I plan to finish at least half of them in the next one year. There are a bunch of novellas, some short story series and a bunch of short stories and flash fiction. It’s about world building too, building worlds that the readers could explore. Writing block is terrible thing so you resort, instead of writing through the intrinsic flow with which some writers are blessed, to crafting with intent. I like to mix genres into a sort of masala, like mixing noir and mythofantasy. It’s been quite a while I have written flash fiction but it is my go to as it allows short bursts of creative output. I’m excited for the short story series and short story ideas that I have but their proper execution depends on me overcoming the block. I hope the coming year is kind for me creatively and I am able to achieve the goals that I want to achieve. For my novellas, I’m aiming to publish on Wattpad and if it turns out good I might self-publish.
An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment