Sunday, 14 December 2025

Thoughtspill

Writing blocks are terrible and I was desperately searching for methods, and one of the methods I stumbled upon after prolonged deliberation is storyboarding. It's easy to write a story or novella when you have a story board. Since I am a fan of comics and graphic novels it's easy for me to imagine my story or scenes of novels as a storyboard and this part enters into the domain of crafting stories when a writer doesn't have the flow. I think storyboarding is a great method. A lot of writing in my earlier years depended on the flow, I wrote the first word and experienced the trance of flow, which as one gets older and other distractions start to occupy the mind becomes difficult to achieve. There is one more advantage of storyboarding, it prevents the ugliness from the world seeping into the story. You think about scenes, settings and characters and you storyboard them and the Delhi in the storyboard is different from the actual Delhi with garbage and shit-infested subways, even if you reproduce it its character changes in the storyboard and you can carry it over to the story retaining all the facts and fortifying it with vibes of your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...