Monday, 15 December 2025

Show and Tell

I keep this blog alive as a homage to late 2000s, early 2010s blogging platforms after which the blogging platforms became website designers and social networking became social media. I come here and write my mind, something that the bloggers of late 2000s and early 2010s used to do. In the age of tweets, reels and facebook posts I still believe in longform writing. The output on this blog in particular increases when my creative output decreases. I create stories solely for creative pleasure and put it on my social platforms for people who like to read and who like reading stories. This blog in particular for me is what a blog actually is, a weblog. As I grow old my interest in entertainment like movies has dwindled, only thing I actually enjoy is reading books and comic books, and hence writing is a tool for recreation for me. There was a time, mainly in the early 2010s when I wanted to be a published writer but then the truth of the publishing industry of this country came out to me and I realized that publishing is a scam, and anyway people who actually read in this country, especially longform writing, are decreasing day by day. I keep the tradition of writing alive and while doing so I realise that writing is directly connected to political persecution. If you are a writer, you are on the radar and there are no exceptions. The beauty of India is that it advertises America level liberty but the truth is that its deep state practices Saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan level liberty with the infrastructure and amenities of sub-saharan Africa. Freedom is intentionally unevenly distributed which gives the illusion of merit. I used to think that there is something deeper to life and being human, which if we see subjectively is not wrong but then I realised the deep politics of this country only thinks in financial terms, which it has an option to not to, and yet it does that. The deepest layer of existence that most people never manage to go beyond is politico-economic and financial and the ones running the show are playing biopolitical 6D chess with people without any regard to lives of people. I’m aware how deeply paranoid it all sounds, but unfortunately after the layers of delusion are peeled it is the only truth that remains. My only source of recreation now, except my few interests and hobbies, remain creative writing and nature as I realise that other thing when contrasted with the actual setup of this country, and possibly the world though not as terrible as it is in this country, become worthless. I write about life, existence and I write about writing and my interests and hobbies. I have never had any material goals except financial security but the times we live in it is hard to come by even to competent individuals. Earning money honestly in this country is harder than doing so dishonestly and it tells you all about who is running this nation. I keep writing blogs while people are busy making reels and getting their mood decided by social media algorithms. We live in times where people instead of telling believe in showing and while it is not bad I have found that telling works better for me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...