An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Thursday, 11 September 2025
Resonance
I have written regularly since 2010 and by 2011 I had plans of an adventure novel in my head. I wrote poetry and other things often on my blogs. The novel that I thought of writing in 2011 still marinates in my head and given the political situation of this country it is now redundant, but I still believe that it would be great stuff for escaping reality, a great escapist romp. I might write it in future, or at least that I'm hopeful of. I have been writing continuously for way more than a decade now a bit of it is political but then that's because of the shitshow I have seen in the past decade. Not many people run blogs now but I do, not because I have something to say, but because I have shit to document because given my experiences I can see shit that others can't and it requires documentation. It was great to see the younger generation writing on Substack but that would never match the authentic vibe of blogging in the late 2000s and early 2010s. People really talked about their lives and were genuine. That was the time, specifically, for me when I could read comic strips such as Shaurya in Comic Jump and imagine about a bunch of teenagers employed by the government to destroy an ancient evil in Afghanistan. Great times, I must say. The past decade has allowed me to see the real soul of this nation, and from what it seems those who call the shots in this nation have their heads deep in the assholes of Muslims and Whites. Though that's not the problem one can have their heads in anyone's asshole they want to shove it in. The issue is people being prevented from finding respite from reality while making them hallucinate a terrible reality. Visit Anand Vihar station in Delhi or any place in Bihar, and you'd get what I'm saying. Escape, is essential, and while social media such as reels are good to show you things that you relate to this shit too is going to collapse when people inevitably come to know the reality of the situation. People have been totally stripped of dignity they had in the 90s as you can see on social media and people are blowing off steam on social media either by narcissism, the assholes by ridiculing others and the good ones by self-deprecation. Books, however remain the last bastion of genuine human connection and exploration. The sad part is that people who could write books, both fiction and non-fiction have been sabotaged and are either dead now or are devoid of psychological capital. Two comic writers I know are spouting political bullshit on social media and not even accurate political bullshit which I was fortunately able to experience and it's not their fault, they sense that something is wrong and they blame the entity they think that is responsible for it giving up the job that is extremely important today in this country, that is crafting good stories. I saw one of the editors of a comic company that I grew up reading on a podcast and the asshole on that podcast didn't even have the faintest idea of the gravity of the work he had done for me and countless other kids of this nation and it was visible in the way he treated him. This country doesn't know how to respect people who really deserve respect and some random asshole with a podcast might treat someone who has done far more important work than he would ever do like he is nothing, this is the state of the country we are living in present. Kids are going to coaching institutes such as in Kota, and thankfully after getting exposed to the real politics of this nation I know that only the ones who are already selected would make it, it's not about hardwork and perseverance anymore it's simple cronyism and nepotism and it is insidious. The rest of the kids would grow into broken adults doing a job that is devoid of happines and barely makes their ends meet or end up becoming shameless or criminal hustlers. The population of this country is so much that the products of cronyism and nepotism would sustain the illusion of normality. While rest of the people get broken, tortured and raped. There is no Satyamev Jayate here. Stories could have given them some respite from the torture of life which is not actually life but then those are by now replaced by hyperreal propaganda and schadenfreude and voyeurism inducing mafia shows and crime dramas. As I have seen, not everyone can see American superhero movies or Japanese Anime as people are systematically prevented from access to media just like how the rich post on Instagram and the poor post on Moj app. It's going to be one hell of a ride to see how this country turns out in the next decade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
उफान
सपने टूटते हैं तो दिल टूट जाता है, दर्द का दरिया उमड़ता है कभी, कभी गुस्से का उफान, खालीपन सा घर कर लेता है सीने में और फिर हम फिर उस खालीप...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
The yellow submarine silently explores the vast green sea. The captain looks through the periscope for the slightest hint of the island of s...
-
I got to have my creative milestones for inspiration. Of course I have to depend on the 90s Indian comics book narratives for getting inspir...
No comments:
Post a Comment