An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Thursday, 24 September 2026
Write Concepts #28
I think I have written enough and mostly don't need to write much anymore. I wanted my body of work to be about health and medicine and fiction but I ended up writing about psychosocial and sociopolitical realities of the country we live in. I have my plans of writing the novels, novellas, short stories and flash fiction that I have already conceptualized and if my cognitive bandwidth allows I will execute my plans. I don't do poetry anymore, at least not of the public sort and I'm kind of done with psychosocial and sociopolitical writing and will be using this place for them very infrequently from now on. I want to focus on my first love that is fiction but that depends on my cognitive bandwidth. Two things that I might post on this blog other than infrequent psychosocial and sociopolitical writings, are gonzo and prose poetry and I hope to write a couple of prose poems and one gonzo per week. I'm not giving up on fiction, I just realised that I am more incapable of writing it from the imagination point of view than I was in 2013. And although I might churn out a bunch of flash fiction once in a while, short stories, novellas and novels need planning and dedication, and above all imagination which is hard to find in the current political economy. My output then is going to be a bunch of flash fiction once in a while and a couple of prose poems and gonzo a week. I will try to work on the novellas I'm already working on and have started posting on my fiction blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment