Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Vyomanaut

The space, the universe, is something that I was genuinely interested in. I grew up with TV serials on Doordarshan, like Brahmand, The Great Experiments and Captain Vyom and magazines like Vigyan Pragati. Developing scientific temper is one of the fundamental duties in the constitution. I read books like Children's Knowledge Bank and Encyclopedia Britannica was sold those days by traveling salesmen. In the Matrix the machines designed the Matrix to simulate the late 90s and it was inferred in the movie that it was the peak of human civilization. Looking at the present it seems true. In Matrix humans were farmed for electricity and today the resource is data. This realisation didn't have the capacity to surprise me until I realised how invasive this data farming and mining is. The Kafkaesque scenarios that began in my life in 2013, and on retrospection at a low intensity since quite before that, and I realised all four things that I had aligned myself to: my religion, my culture, the civilization and the constitution have been defiled and just exist as a programming and while one can trip on existence of these things, this is the bottom line. I still think Indian constitution is one of the most beautiful documents in the world, though I am not very savvy about the civilization, the culture and the religion anymore as they don't retain the depth and warmth of earlier days and are only present as dogma and a hyperreality. When I had my realisations I decided to align myself to nature. I am a homeopath by training and it's the art and science I have dedicated my life to, and it is in itself is about aligning yourself to nature. Gentle healing arts don't survive in a setting of making people sick and then selling them the cure. In the early 2000s when I was watching Discovery channel shows and The Jetsons I had really thought we will have flying cars today but instead we ended up getting a prison with a panopticon. This realisation when it struck me, failed to surprise me and this is because I had been seeing the truth of this nation throughout my life it's just that I chose to believe in the national narrative while ignoring the truth that I saw with my own eyes. The space or the universe is out of reach of majority and going to space for common people would be not unlike girmitias going to West Indian sugarcane fields. When one realises the truth of the situation it becomes increasingly important to have fun. Grow flowering and fruit plants in your balcony, get that griller from Amazon and make chicken or if you are vegetarian, paneer tikka in amidst your garden in balcony. Freedom is foreclosed for the majority, and needless hustle except when it comes to money, is futile. I write diagnoses because I like to let people know what's wrong lest they blame themselves. Since mid 2010s I follow the rule of only helping people when they ask for help, and this is the way to go in this country. If I write two things that this country is run with in the depth, they would be hypocrisy and jealousy and this is a deep policy decision, it is intentional. The depth of existence in this land is the same as driving on the road the only difference is that on the road you can see the assholes coming at you with Thar, Fortuner or Scorpio. Discovery channel promised flying cars and this country delivered Thar, Fortuner and Scorpio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...