An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Saturday, 8 August 2026
Scribe Part-timer
When I was younger, in high school, I wanted to keep an account of my life and this is one of the reasons I journal. When blogging came in picture in my life I first started by blogging my life while still doing creative stuff like poetry, short stories and light hearted satire on my blogs. One of things I like to do is take a snapshot, a photo, a picture from my life and write the account of that day, I liked to do that on my blogs and I still do that, now on my digital journal. When the cyber landscape of this country, and probably the world,changed in the early 2010s I failed to get the memo and kept blogging and writing longform. Back then I used to different blogs for different styles of writing, it was due to my eccentricity that I needed different blogs for different type of content and it was my process around early to mid 2010s. Back then I had an adventure novel planned in my head and I used to collect inspirations for it on Tumblr. I have had two Tumblr accounts, one got deleted with my writings and poetry in the early 2010s and later I got myself a new Tumblr though I wish that I hadn't deleted my old Tumblr, Tumblr was mostly for sentimental artistic type people back then and it is the same now but now Gen Z crowd on Tumblr have way less depth than the older millennial crowd that was present in late 2000s and early 2010s and a lot of crowd on Tumblr at present is of LGBTQ youngsters escaping real life though creativity is still present there just not of my type now though I still use it as a blog. Early to late 2010s saw commercialization of life itself and thus depth ended up getting eroded from people and people with depth became liable to state persecution directly, indirectly or covertly. There is not much that can be done about this as things for people other than the privileged are going to get even worse. I still write longform and I still write on my blogs. Though no one reads longform writing in the age of shortform videos. Back in late 2000s and early 2010s people used to share their lives and their experiences on their blogs, they used to tell how a book they read made them feel or how a movie they watched made them feel or the kind of music they listen to or the kind of flowers they grow in their garden. It was a great time for sharing experiences and community but then mid 2010s came and internet like all other things was commercialised and weaponised and became equivalent to real-life and a ledger for data and dirt on people's lives. I still write my journals, handwritten and digital and I still write my blogs and while I don't have the cognitive resources for writing the novels I had planned, I am like what the hell and I would probably end up writing those. I'm not making any more plans than my daily journaling and blogging and writing the novels and short story series I have already planned. Flash fiction, prose poetry and short stories are exceptions because if I get good ideas I, if my cognitive abilities allow, would execute them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Strangelove
There are simple things and there are complex things. Not every particular thing can be generalized and not every particular thing can be ge...
-
Is it about rock and roll or just rock? Just rock in my case, a little metallic and a little soft. Is it possible to love someone? Not reall...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
Information is of prime importance for making decisions and for making right decisions, right information is important. I spent my childhood...
No comments:
Post a Comment