An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Tuesday, 4 August 2026
Diet Choke
I write a lot of psychosocial stuff because my experiences have been psychosocial. I have had some baffling realisations as I matured but nothing that I couldn't process. It is this processed data that becomes the fodder for my writing. I ended up simplifying my life and it is money, family, work and academics, knowledge, interests and hobbies. Then there are nature and the universe through the night sky. Social life in India is basically like that bird building a nest which the monkeys destroy once they see the bird cozy during the monsoon while they were getting wet in the rain. I realise that this is the simplest example of how society operates in this country at depth. This country is a low trust society for a reason and those who have seen the 90s know that it was not. One of the basic issues in this country is people taking pride and being entitled in things that they have no hand in like being born in a particular caste or a rich family. The country showed its colours to me and I ended up retrospecting and realised how things like caste entitlement work. What people don't know is that your caste might not be in your subconscious or unconscious but it definitely flows in your nerves because caste is a psychosocial concept. The past decade taught me that what were considered social evils, like casteism, misogyny, rape, discrimination, superstition and other social evils are propagated from the base reality of this country and that means while the government brings policies to fight them what runs the government in the depth actively fortifies and propagates these social evils. This realisation made me absolutely free as a person as I realised that future is going to be a state of totalitarian slavery in a surveillance state full of hatred, divisiveness and discrimination for the majority as a minority enjoys absolute heaven on earth. This is the arrangement even today but the grip is going to be even more tighter in the future and slow and peaceful life for the majority would become a distant dream, even the basic necessities and civil amenities and provisions will require bootlicking of totally undeserving individuals who hold their position either due to nepotism, patronage or cronyism. For the lower class this future is now but as middle class is totally dismantled as the process has been since the early 2010s, with middle class literature and their access to middle class media like magazines, ghazals, kavi sammelans is destroyed in the name of modernity and language is gradually disarmed of the capacity of naming techniques used in exploitation the middle class again would become as dispossessed as the lower class. This is nothing but a combination of neofeudalism and extractive surveillance capitalism in which data is the new resource. In short the middle class who are not selected as official slaves of the rulers will be as dispossessed as the lower class with their cultural capital drained and destroyed. I personally have no hopes from this country because in the past decade I have seen the true nature of what actually rules this country and it is entitlement, incompetence, rapaciousness and undeserved capriciousness. Unfortunately what rules this country is also extremely cowardly so high chances are there that this country would end up becoming a colony of global hegemons without announcing it. What remains in this setting is to modulate one's own psychosocial reality and to take one day at a time and have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diet Choke
I write a lot of psychosocial stuff because my experiences have been psychosocial. I have had some baffling realisations as I matured but no...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
The yellow submarine silently explores the vast green sea. The captain looks through the periscope for the slightest hint of the island of s...
-
I got to have my creative milestones for inspiration. Of course I have to depend on the 90s Indian comics book narratives for getting inspir...
No comments:
Post a Comment