An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Monday, 8 September 2025
Dorothy Says Bye Bye
It's all about perception in the end and we for the most part control ours. Though it should be perception and not delusion. The grip of politics on our minds dictates our perception but we can still choose what to believe though I like ascertain that what I believe is not a delusion. When I was younger I used to enjoy movies like Anacondas: The Hunt for The Blood Orchid. It's almost a B movie but it is thoroughly enjoyable. What is not to enjoy in a movie about a bunch of scientists going through a rainforest flooded river to find an orchid that contains the key for eternal youth and has deadly anacondas all around it. It was a time when world had mystery and it was great. I think whether this kind of movie can still work and the answer is, yes. Just the setting needs to be changed. Since the earth has been mapped by the satellites leaving no scope for intrigue or mystique the next setting for such stories is space. There are devices for introducing escapism in the reality we live in, they can be space, or they can be portals to different dimensions or worlds. Portals are singularly the most beautiful things that make me still want to imagine stories after I became aware about the actual political reality of this country and the world. The wardrobe in The Chronicles of Narnia, the rabbit hole in Alive in The Wonderland and there are quite a few examples of portals. Matrix was a genre defining movie and while you can consider a entering the matrix by connecting your nervous system to it a portal as technically it is, the truth is we all are already connected to it and it's the very reason we are trying to find our portals. The concept of time machine is a portal. Imagine a portal that directly opens into 1920s or 1000 BC. And so portals remain, in my opinion, the only device that could allow us to escape the hyperreal reality that we live in today. The equivalent of portal in space is a wormhole. Imagine extreme far ends of space connected through a wormhole, or wormholes between different universes. So, I can have a portal that opens into a rainforest from late 90s to the time when scientists could search for the blood orchid, or I can open it into a mystical or mythical imaginary world without compromising the reality and believability of our world, just like C. S. Lewis did for World War II England. Books are actually portals and I can open portals in the current world to the worlds of all the books I have read. It's about perception and while I choose to see the hyperreality that I live as it is, I also make portals. The trick is to not be delusional. The trick, in matrix terms, is to choose the red pill and manufacture your own blue pill. Cypher was not wrong, he was an asshole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment