13/10/20
“Bread Ka Badshah, Omelette Ka Raja.”
The beautiful thing about human beings is that, we hear what we want to hear, and there are very few people who know enough perspectives to decipher something close to what is actually being said and even fewer who don’t believe what they want to believe, after that.
There is statecraft and then there is tradecraft. Does tradecraft has anything to do with trade? Shakespeare considered the world to be a play. Some act in it, some just improvise, some direct and then some watch. I used to like Spy thrillers, one of my favourites is Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The time depicted in that movie seems peaceful because I consider myself a common man, ignorance is bliss. In this day and age of information warfare, anything can make you a sleeper cell for something, which would be activated in due time, your religion, your race or maybe your gender.
What’s up with the Indians feeling so inferior about their own civilization when they come to know more about the world? Seems in stark contrast with the overconfidence that overflows when they know less.
I sometimes feel that I too might be a sleeper agent for something, given the amount of online trash (news and opinions) I read to satiate my thirst (just leaving it here). Although I personally have know (no) questions or qualms about my devotion to the land I live in despite not liking all the people many a times, but given the frequency people have to put up Indian flag emojis, to prove something obvious gives me some doubts about what I feel and what is happening.
I woke up too late. Why? Not because I was fond of sleeping, but because deep down I am a pacifist and also a revengeful bastard if I think I have been wronged unjustly, and thus very early in life I decided to mind my own business and become “atmanirbhar”, which, for the uninitiated, is hardly possible in a society.
Now, let’s talk about personal opinions. I read that for becoming a good writer, you need to write regularly, so I used to write regularly, all kinds of things, and it led me to today, writing to clear my stance, because it’s not about dying, it’s about dying without communicating what you really feel and think. And again we are back to the first paragraph, “we hear what we want to hear”.
Few things I am vocal about which may seem borderline fascist, one, that I don’t believe in teachings of Islam. I would rather directly follow the state. If I was a muslim, Quran for me would end at, “Allah is all powerful, and merciful.” I wouldn’t need to sing it day and night that Allah is Merciful, if I actually believed in it.
I wouldn’t want to believe that Allah is Merciful, out of fear. Good thing about being a Hindu is you can pick and choose the things you want to suffer for. You can believe in “Bhay been hoye na preeti”, or you can believe in “Sarve bhavantu sukhinah,” and you can also respect the belief that “Allah is all powerful and merciful”, even if you find it hard to believe in it. I personally choose to believe in “Sarve bhavantu sukhinah”, which is more of a ideal than a belief, and somewhere I know that it is very difficult if not impossible, but the first step to “sarve bhavantu sukhinah” would be letting people believe what they want if they are not causing trouble, and, are not sleeper cells.

No comments:
Post a Comment