3/10/20
I have been angry at people I love, some times friends, sometimes family and sometimes teachers. I have been angry at God too, because as much as I am thankful for a comparatively easy life, I can’t deny the terrible suffering I have undergone in my life.
I have faith, and I like to take refuge in God in tough times, mostly in form of Mother Goddesses or Vedic Parameshwar or in general as we call him Bhagwan or God. I also like the concepts of Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism because they teach us to be kind to others. Given the circumstances of my life and how I landed in the soup while trying to avoid it also gives a hint of fatalism. Bhagya aur Kismat they say. I remember Lord Hanuman when I am afraid, and when I am having fun, I try to forget God, because it gets too sanskari.
I like to follow the law of the land, because one must follow it, although it is not possible always and depends on the circumstances but as long as you don’t have a criminal intent while breaking the law and are ready to accept the punishment for it, I guess it should be fine.
I’m not a fan of Islam as a religion, although I have nothing against the idea of 'devotion to God' which I suppose is the literal meaning of the term. I have, despite being angry at God in my life, have always tried to do the right thing according to my intelligence and health, it maybe enough, it may not be enough, if God is there, He/She/It will decide.
The jobs which are thought as lowly, such as sanitation jobs, I personally don’t consider them as such. If someone would make me feel bad about it, I don’t think I will feel bad about it. The only issue I face is the sociological issue and health issues, which are personal. In olden times it may have been a punishment, in military, ofcourse it is a punishment, but in civil life in the year 2020, if someone is cleaning your shit, it is you who should be ashamed, not them.
Hindus and Christians cleaning sewers in Pakistan and Pakistanis doing similar jobs in the Arabian countries. That’s how it works I guess. In India, Valmiki wrote Ramayana, and the Valmikis clean your city. Bheem broke the thigh of Duryodhana, and the SC/STs or Harijans as Gandhi ji called them are actively involved in politics, although the so called “Bheem” politics looks more revenge driven fuelled by personal experiences of societal oppression than driven by the greater good of the “Bheem” community and the Nation.
Khushwant Singh wrote train to Pakistan, because his home was in present day Pakistan. Taslima Nasreen had to come to India because among other things, she called herself an atheist, which I don’t think any physician or person with a scientific head could call themselves with utmost surety, more often than not, it is a political stand. I shouldn’t have to tell you what two factors are common in the cases of both these people.

No comments:
Post a Comment