An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Saturday, 15 August 2026
Silly Symphony
Due to my experiences, when the pop culture that I had consumed in my childhood and youth were presented to me as favour despite me paying for them when I consumed them by the deep state of Purvanchal and by existesion (and I hope so) this country, I realised that only true recreations in the world are nature and the universe through the night sky. It is because no one has hegemony on the nature and the night sky though it is tried but no trademark is going to stick on it. I still consume media though not very often except internet media because I have to be on my toes to keep an information edge for survival and for my writing. I ended up realising that all media that is so-called realistic, historical movies and biopics are bullshit. Only true form of entertainment, from my perspective and in my humble opinion, that remains now are nature and science documentaries, American professional wrestling and superhero and sometimes fantasy movies. When you cross a threshold that I totally inadvertently ended up crossing, or one can say was forced to cross, you realise that all reality shows, true crime documentaries and realism in cinema is as make-believe as the most absurd piece of entertainment that you have seen, and this statement is deeper than it sounds at first. After I was humiliated for watching shows like Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Dexter's Laboratory and Courage The Cowardly Dog because I retroactively didn't deserve to watch those shows, I realised media not only programs you but in the shithole of a country we live in it is also treated as a gated privilege, especially Western media and this ended up telling me all about the individuals who rule over people in this country so although I didn't give up on media altogether, nature and night sky ended up becoming my primary mode of recreation. Since I passed my school reading and writing were my primary modes of recreation. I read Kafka when I was in college, I read Conan Doyle, I read classic literature and I blogged quite regularly and wrote poems. Turns out poems are as banned in this country as they were during the British times, it's just now it's directly God who bans them. I have been an avid comic book reader since my childhood and I have seen the indigenous comic book industry of this country collapsing in front of my eyes, when concealed sexual escapades and pornography are the main source of entertainment, who needs comics? And anyway who needs indigenous creativity and mythmaking when Japan pays for promoting Anime and America pays for promoting its comics, fantasies and superheroes. I sometimes feel that there had been some secret meeting post 2010 that I wasn't invited to. That I failed to get the memo of how to actually live in this nation because last I remember, and that last is very far back, in late 2000s, if a person wanted to be a comic book writer or a novelist, he could be it. I'm approaching an age where it doesn't look good to talk about pop culture and comic books, but I'm a fan and I also write short stories and blogs. I have lot of work of own but a person unwinds by doing things that he or she truly loves. For me these things are watching a good superhero movie, reading a good book or comic book, writing and yes the hegemony and the only hegemony and trademark free sources of pleasure and recreation, the nature and the night sky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Strangelove
There are simple things and there are complex things. Not every particular thing can be generalized and not every particular thing can be ge...
-
Is it about rock and roll or just rock? Just rock in my case, a little metallic and a little soft. Is it possible to love someone? Not reall...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
Information is of prime importance for making decisions and for making right decisions, right information is important. I spent my childhood...
No comments:
Post a Comment