Monday, 23 February 2026

Measuring Tape

I enjoyed the world building of Virgin Comics' The Sadhu and Devi. In late 2000s and early 2010s there were many comic books who have built great worlds. There were comic book magazines like Comic Jump that had stories with depth. I tried Indusverse comics too but they lack depth as shown in The Sadhu, Devi and Odayan by Level 10 Comics. Deep worlds are important, Western comics always have deep worlds, currently not with the mythic flavour I like but deep indeed. Comics of Alan Moore do have mythic depth within them. 90s comics has depth in them without fail and it makes me realise that depth comes from emotions and imagination. Even common comics had vast worlds capable of transferring you to a different world altogether. Comic Jump had strips like Shauya, Northern Song, The Rabhas Incident etcetera and Northern Song especially impressed me with its ancient kingdom and demon lore. What is not to like about a warrior trying to save a little girl from demon. There was a time when people could fantasize about saving little kids from demons and good and evil archetypes still existed. I kind of misplaced my belief when the shade of grey became prominent in my life and I started to believe that grey does exist, that good people turn bad due to their experiences but then I had my experiences and realised that while antiheros with shades of grey might exist they are basically good men with tortured souls, what I realised with time is that absolute demonic evil with no redeeming qualities at all, absolutely exists and unfortunately it runs the world. I like to build worlds with depth when I find time and feel easy with my writing block. Depth is necessarily, because the world is getting way to superficial and deep stories help people with seeing what is going on in the depths of society. Nietzsche was wrong, abyss doesn't look "back" at you, it is always looking at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...