Tuesday, 17 February 2026

Distro Hopper - Bazzite

I have been distro hopping quite regularly, and while my gaming machine came with Windows 11 pre- installed I installed Pop OS on it to try Steam games through Proton. Pop OS does play quite a few games compared to other distros and yet I was not satisfied. At that time I was using Zorin OS on my older gaming machine and Fedora on my Thinkpad. I recently decided to switch it up and installed Pop OS on my Thinkpad and Bazzite on main gaming machine and I have never been happier. Bazzite, I ended up realising, is beautiful, most games on it play out of the box just like Windows and all the tools a gamer would need are in-built, even caffeine that you would require while downloading games on steam so that your computer doesn't sleep. I mostly use computer for my thesis, clinic work, writing and gaming. I had been away from gaming for a while when I went to college so the first thing I did in mid 2010s was getting all the games I missed out on. I like open source and I frequently donate to open source projects which includes Linux and its distros, Wikipedia and online public domain book libraries like  Project Gutenberg. As of now, Bazzite has blown me away, what a beautiful distro for gaming; writing, anyway I can do on other distros and if MS Office is required, on Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...