Wednesday, 4 February 2026

Comics Talk

Constantine happens to be one of my favourite comic book characters. There is something tragically sexy about a smoking occult detective in a trenchcoat dealing with hell and demons, another one of my favourites is The Punisher, though as I matured, I realized that he must have an impeccable sense of judgement, especially given his absolute sense of justice, and if that is good all is good. Another one would be Rorschach, again just like Constantine written by Alan Moore. I like characters created by Alan Moore because they have depth and vast scope. Alan Moore is one of my favourite comic writers, another one would be Frank Miller. There are other fan favourites such as Superman and Batman and I like Superman for his optimism in humanity though I don’t share it with him. I’m a fan of comic book movies and I quite like the MCU, the DCEU despite being directed by Zack Snyder wasn’t upto my expectations but I still hope that Netflix after acquiring WB and DC saves it as elseworlds. I recently heard that Snyder is actually pitching a solo Batfleck movie to Netflix as an elseworlds project. I don’t really like James Gunn’s DCU despite having loved his Guardians of the Galaxy for Marvel Studios but I’m hoping for it to change with new entries such as The Lanterns and Supergirl. The project I’m most excited for is Midnight Sons which is in works according to news sources but haven’t yet been announced. The Hawkeye Season 2 has been cancelled according to news reports and I didn’t really feel bad about it as I didn’t like Season 1 either but they could have saved the season by introducing Bullseye from Daredevil, Marvel really needs to understand that characters from two different worlds, like Christmasy world of Hawkeye and gritty world of Daredevil, is what would pull the crowds in. People want to see people from different worlds interact. I really hope Midnight Sons gets made and I would be here for it. At present I’m watching Wonderman and though I’m really hearing a lot of praise for it I haven’t yet gotten to the point in this series where it gets interesting, till now it’s just an okayish drama. My hope, despite me not liking Netflix as a company, is that it keeps DCEU as elseworlds. Superman and Black Adam had too much potential and if Shazam would have been there, as Black Adam and Shazam share their lore, as a comic relief, it would have turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...