Tuesday, 30 December 2025

Write Concepts #20

It’s kind of odd that instead of writing what I really want to write, that is fiction, I write more about writing itself. It’s kind of meta but it also talks about my writing blocks. I generally end up writing about writing or about the deep politics of this country which, frankly, I want nothing to do with and only write about because I realized that this country at the deepest level is mostly about exploitation of goodness, innocence and weakness. I have been suffering consistent writing block since about mid 2010s but still I write daily, I write in my journals and I try to update my blogs regularly. Writing personal blogs is a mid to late 2000s thing and has disappeared from mainstream in the era of social media but I continue it and I kind of use it as a documentation of my mind and the times we live in. If you are a creative writer suffering with writing blocks is not a pretty thing. It is very recently I stumbled upon the idea that I can bypass my writing and creative blocks by storyboarding what I want to write. I do not write for fame or money or to be an established author. I write for the joy of creation and creating something that I would personally enjoy reading. I enjoy writing and I for the most part, except the technicalities, enjoy reading my writings and I think that’s how it should be. There are things in the pipeline which get stalled due to writing blocks and I haven’t still started using storyboarding as a consistent tool in my fiction writing. I grew up on comics and so storyboarding and panels come easy to me and to be frank I was baffled when I realized how good my stories look imagined into panels in my mind. When I felt that it was difficult for me to write longer stories, I decided to write flash fiction to keep my creative muscles working. I really hope that I can create something worth reading and above all worth enjoying in the coming year. As far as writing on deep politics goes, I want to avoid it until I am left with no choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...