Saturday, 27 December 2025

Elementary

Things in the universe tend towards stability. Things want to be stable, people want to be stable. It’s unfortunate that for some in this world, their stability goes through making the lives of others unstable. In simple terms we call it politics and the major factors in politics are socioeconomic and sociopolitical. People have goals, like I once had but for the majority if those goals entail instability, they choose the safe option of being stable by sacrificing their goals and choosing an easier option or an easy goal and especially if they have family. Being brave is overrated and it wouldn’t have been if the politics of the world did not pervade and control every aspect of our lives and did not work day and night to make it unstable, especially for the less privileged ones. My political philosophy and ideology is simple, dignity and happiness for all and both of these things don’t require any money. There are various political philosophies and ideologies and the top three among them are capitalism, communism and socialism. Those who propagate these philosophies know how they can work better but the truth of the matter is that politics has only two goals, supremacy and control and so the top three political philosophies and ideologies can’t work well in practical terms and end up just becoming tools for control and exploitation. Once one understands this, aligning oneself with political ideologies starts seeming foolish and politics for the common man only becomes about affiliating oneself to an ideology to ensure protection and survival, a very selfish way of existence, instead of greater good. So practically politics becomes about aligning oneself with a local leader with whom one has good terms with. 


In early 2013 I wanted to be a novelist, not the serious kind of novelist like Jhumpa Lahiri but a writer of pulp and yet literary novels mostly in genres like adventure, speculative fiction, noir, fantasy and some other genres. I take my inspiration from early late 19th century and early 20th century European writers like Conan Doyle, Lovecraft, Edgar Wright Burroughs and quite a few others including Bram Stoker. I had a novel planned out, it was an adventure science fiction and fantasy novel called Ashtabhuj. It was during the same time that I wanted to write comics. It is at this time I realised how much freedom there is in this country and what kind of a democracy this country is. Coming from a so-called backward region called Purvanchal, I realised that individuals who are not privileged and connected have their fates sealed already and it doesn’t matter whether they have even lived in the region of their origin or not. My origin is from Purvanchal and I realised that absolute totalitarianism of a whimsical nature is being practiced in the region just at a level which is invisible to the naked eye and way deeper than the level we see the government functioning. Realising this truth led me to political enlightenment about this country as well as the world. I still write though and I have my goals as far as writing goes even though after becoming aware of the arrangement I realise that writing as a craft is redundant in this setting. I write only because I know that even though most of the things stop to matter in the political setting we live in, experiences still do and so writers who still want to write in an age where AI can write better than you they must focus on writing as an experience for the reader. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...