Sunday, 12 October 2025

Write Concepts #17

There was a time I wanted to be a part of a creative collective like a musical band or a filmmaking crew, but as life unfolded in front of me I realised that I am better off writing alone because I saw rock bands breaking, movie makers having internal spats and later I realised that a lot (and not all) of these things happening are political in origin and have their reasons in deep politics of this country. As an independent writer I can write whatever the fuck I want and since I have seen that persecution and oppression don't need any reasons in this country and if there is any reason it could be as simple as someone in power not liking your face, I experienced a kind of freedom that most non-delusional NPCs do not feel. It didn't all have to be about money but it actually is and the common man cannot do anything about it except trying to earn enough to get him by everyday. I was watching someone play guitar on the internet today and I remembered when I used to play guitar and how I wanted to learn to play Hindustani classical on spanish and electric guitar and I had enrolled myself in classes twice but then life is hectic. I was inspired by Baiju Dharmajan, who plays Carnatic music on electric guitar of whom I have been a long time fan and I wanted to do the same with Hindustani classical. I was thinking how I could have utilised my creativity had I known to write music, but then I realised that even though I can't write music, I know to write words and I can explore musicality with words. I can still create, and create or at least try to create, good art with words. I can explore my musicality in poem, in the cadence of words and sentences. I write because I enjoy writing, and because I like to create; at present, since my attention span had deteriorated, I'm focusing on prose poetry and flash fiction and if my attention span improves I might work on the ideas of novels that are marinating in my drafts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...