Writing on Tumblr is not easy for me anymore. There was a time when it was. I was youthful and experimented once, I wrote like Kafka, or at least tried to, I posed as a lone wolf, wrote poetry with romantic longing and did all kinds of stupid shit until youth faded and I realised the true nature, the financial nature, of the world. There is nothing that can be done about it but we can stand by our business, which, for me, is writing. Tumblr was a sanctuary once, and it is still kind of, though it doesn’t have the same vibe that it had during the late 2000s and early 2010s. Tumblr had a depth once, but then lack of depth is a general problem these days and not just of Tumblr. I have few blogs and still I keep finding myself coming back to record my evolution as a writer and do my projects which I post on Tumblr.
I’m doing a bunch of projects at present, one project is a flash fiction project on this website and another is an imagery project, again, here. So Tumblr is handling two of my projects aiming at improving myself as a writer and at the same time creating something, if not novel, at least readable. I have done a bunch of projects on this website earlier and they were mostly supposed to be flash fiction projects and I don’t know how successful I was in it, but I discontinued them when it seemed to me that they had reached their end. I think it would be three or four projects, including one poetry project that I have done and completed (read: discontinued) here and at present there are two ongoing writing projects and I hope to achieve my goals for starting them. Tumblr is supposed to be my expression as a writer, and although it is not as successful in being so in the present but, in the past it was in expressing the artistic, angsty me, I hope to express the writer, or the writer persona, in me better in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment