An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Tuesday, 28 October 2025
Teen Patti
When you realise that you can't do general good or that giving back to society is fruitless because of the general deep political setup of this country you then start to focus on your interests. I still try to give back to the society through my writing and I have realised that only good way that one can give back to society is by alleviating pain of others or give them money. But then money is the main consideration for everyone and it can't be parted with to ensure personal survival for the most part. In the past decade much has been said about Mother Teresa, that she was into conversion and money laundering but since I have seen, during my visits to Haridwar, lepers at Har Ki Pairi begging sitting at the ghats, I just refuse to believe the allegations on her. Would the babas who travel in luxury cars and at most just give advice to people which may or may not work wash wounds of lepers like Mother Teresa did? Can they with all their money give shelter to lepers, sick and dying like Mother Teresa did? Anyone who knows this country well knows that eventual endpoint of financial growth in this country is money laundering, it's an acceptable thing as long as you don't get caught by law enforcement agencies and you actually won't if you keep their palms warm or don't offend someone in power. An honest man has to constantly jump hoops of individualised conspiracies against him or her and honest work is practically impossible in this country so that one eventually becomes part of the corrupt political soul of this country. Honest people wither away in hand to mouth while politicians, mafia and their lackeys thrive by exploiting resources and people. So, a honest man has to learn to invest in this scenario and learn to invest well to attain financial security for him and his family. I have a healthcare and hospital administration background and so I know that hospitals in this nation are basically malls where you buy health and as far as government hospitals go except the elite institutes like AIIMS and few others, it is like playing russian roulette with yourself and which mostly doesn't end well for the poor though good for stomach pain and appendectomy once in a while. Financial security is health in more ways than one. I for one, at one point of my life decided to cut the crap and focus on the basics. I do my work and focus on my hobbies and interests, I like to see taekwondo tricking competitions on YouTube, bushcraft videos, I like motorcycles mostly cafe racers and dirtbikes and own an Xpulse 200, closest option to a dirtbike in this country and might invest in Continental GT, or even TVS Ronin for my cafe racers interest. I'm not a very materialistic guy but then I realised what the hell, at least I can get the basics covered. I like hatchbacks in cars and would buy a Toyota if it launches a genuine Totyota hatchback instead of rebranded Suzuki that is presently in the market and this is the end of my materialism. I enjoy Indian classical music, especially Carnatic music and rock music, sometimes I also enjoy 90s American hip hop and experimental genres such as dubstep and funk and others. I love comics and graphic novels and keep myself updated on them. The point is that you must not give up on your interests, it's not worth it. I gave up on my interests after bachelors to chase excellence and it was the most miserable time of my life. As far as Indian society goes, if I be honest, it doesn't deserve giving back to it because it is mostly composed of hypocrites and selfish gatekeepers and giving back to society loses its meaning when gatekeeping and exploitation is systemic from top to bottom, but if you are a good man you would be obliged to give back so you must do it only after cementing your financial and social position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haystack
You lock in. Chekhov’s spirit flows in your nerves, it’s stream of consciousness. You roleplay Samurai Jack, trapped in the future with shap...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment