Monday, 25 August 2025

Vaishnav Jan

It's about creation of new worlds, because as far as I know reality has collapsed. I want to create new worlds because I was lucky enough to inhabit worlds created by good people to escape even when reality hadn't collapsed. These good people created worlds in their image, great worlds with defined good and evil with evil losing everytime which when you grow up, you realise is not the case. Evil doesn't lose, in fact it runs things. Of course there can be fictional town in this country where a superhero is active, fighting evil. It's the suspension of belief that is the problem when reality is so on the face. People don't read anymore and they also can't imagine and that's why worlds must be built to make them realise that escape from reality, which at this point has become murderous to say the least, is possible. I realised that philosophy is of no use, because the politics we are dealing with is of power and profit at the expense of others, and more torturous better it is, while maintaining, or at least trying to maintain, the facade of benevolence and order. I have seen this shit in depth, there is no order here. These bastards are doing anything they want with people and just presenting them analogies for why what happened to them happened. Stories matter and for me they are of two types mainly, one, which tell the truth of the world as it is, and two, that help people escape reality. However one of the reasons of the tremendous suffering that I have had in my life was my bookish idealism with which I dealt uncivilized people in this country. If you are civilized and have lived in this country for a while you end up realising that it was never your fault, being civilized in this country is a mistake and this setup of torture of civilized people is by design. I have been lucky to realise that all the rapes, every demonic thing that you see in this country happening is centrally propagated, I know it seems unbelievable but if you can make yourself believe me I have seen this shit up close and personal. The exploitation is this country has become so much that now it has become impossible to imagine a town like Malgudi, which R. K. Narayan was able to do. And in places like Purvanchal it has become impossible to think of Chacha Chaudhary without thinking of his caste. Who thought about Chacha Chaudhary's caste? I didn't. Situation is terrible and I know because I have seen it. There is a storm that is beneath the external order, and you can see it on the internet. Internet has been a boon, you finally end up knowing what Indian people actually think and for the most part it's not really that great. I follow Comic Book pages on Facebook, and I see those guys, now fathers of little kids who shared the same childhood as me still talking about comics as if the life in comics and the characters are real. Well, let me tell you, they are as real as it can get in this country. People, living breathing people, are not real for a certain class of individuals in this country. They off people like they are insects and torture them just for pleasure. People are just numbers for the most part until someone catches their interest and then they focus on him or her to make their life a spectacle. I belong to a particular community in Puravnchal, a community where women are respected, and it is in late 2010s I realised that rape is a currency in Purvanchal. I hadn't seen it ever in my childhood. I have seen shit that gives me stuff to write, not that I had any dearth of things to write before that. The setup is so simplistic that it would blow your mind. It's exploitation of any and every weakness, and if you are good you are fucked. What I saw promptly answered my question of why good people suffer, and I have been alive only 35 years and throughout my life I have seen good people suffering and perishing, it's because criminals rule over us, it's as simple as that. Actual and real criminals, in fact genocidal rapists rule over us. Ever miss the the time when you could go and play paintball without feeling it was too cool for you? There was a window for it, 2006-2012, and after that every fucking thing became too cool to do except for the fucks who drink alcohol and dance in Boiler Room. I have realised the control, and I know for sure that stories are redundant now and so is writing, but it still matters for old souls like me, people who appreciate tea on a rainy day with pakodas with Akashvani playing evergreen retro songs. Little joys of life have been raped out of people in the past decade. The ladies who used to write and create beautiful things are busy getting fucked by their gym trainers, which definitely is not something I feel bad for as everyone has the right to choose their happiness, only that I know that they are not doing it on their own accord, it's just exploitation in which they think that it's them who are making the decisions. I still write, and I will write noir, and I will write shit that is escapist and I will write shit that is true. I will build worlds in which people can escape, I will build worlds which reminds people of times forgotten and I will build worlds which gives people respite from this unending exploitation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...