An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Thursday, 21 August 2025
Northern Song
When you have located the cause of suffering and dealt with it, all that remains is survival, having fun and doing fun. I love writing so I would continue writing no matter the political environment and any which ways my goal was never to write political shit, I just wanted to write shit that was fun, entertaining and very pop culture. When I was in my early 20s I used to think of visiting Comic Cons, music fests and lit fests. That has lost its sheen for me after realising the stratification and how people are prevented from visiting these places despite spending their own money. Comic Cons might still be fun though but not as much as when there was actual indigenous art and entertainment. Imagining of indigenous worlds has ceased, or if it is still present and I'm not aware of it then it's a whole other thing. I like world building though my political awakening has kind of made it seem futile but anyway worlds that we can inhabit or escape into, especially if they are indigenous when reality is unbearable, are always helpful. Some vibes stay with you, you like them like the new wave of Indian comics that started in late 2000s and ended in mid 2010s stays with me. I kind of like the dark world of comic Odayan, it is dark and brutal but what makes it different, from reality as I know of now, that the characters good or bad have agency. I like the idea of Northern Song, a strip published in Comic Jump where a mystical warrior decides to fight a demon for saving a little girl, the writer of which is now doing BJP vs Congress on Instagram and YouTube. There are many examples of awesome comics and narratives, that too indigenous during the little window for indigenous comics between late 2000s and mid 2010s before shit went south for Indian comics, creativity and I would say this country in general. In my personal writing, along with doing other things, I want to build on that creative window along with creating with inspirations that I had from 90s awesome comics. I have realised that escapism is the only way to tolerate this nation, but if you are intelligent you would first face the truth before retreating into the comfort of your imagination. Indigenous lore and storytelling has been completely annihilated from what I see and I may be wrong but I think I'm quite in touch with Indian literature, comics and pop culture. Foreign media remains the only resort, anime, cartoons, superhero movies and video games but we aren't learning about our own culture and building aesthetics of our own culture by consuming them, are we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment