Tuesday, 2 July 2024

Psychology of Healing in Contrast with Reality

I believe in the psychology of healing, as I’m trained for it. Very mistakenly I used to think that organisations which deal with people, just like me, believed in “do no harm”. It’s not like this. Organisations whether they are social, political, industrial or corporate use psychology to any extent and the worst kind of it, this truth had no potential to surprise me until I realised the level at which this psychology is applied. Shrouded within lofty words is hidden one thing, exploitation. It’s been quite some time since I realised this, and things have been easier for me ever since. The said organizations stop at nothing. There is no limit to it. Take for example, one popular TV show in this country, in which people are locked away in a house for months while their activities are recorded 24x7. The controllers of the show, frequently create scenarios which have complex psychological effects on the inmates of the house and their IPRs with other inmates. The show promotes voyeurism and schadenfreude, and people lap it up in the name of entertainment. Though like the majority of things in India, the format of the show is of foreign origin. The life of a human being is similar and the psychologists who are responsible play games with even higher stakes, in fact in a lot of cases, with ultimate stakes for people. You see all this and clarity dawns, there is no scope of the psychology of healing in this country, and probably the world. The psychology used for people by the structures is Pavlovian, and it works well because it is the ultimate form of psychology. You can’t control impulses that are involuntary, and then when the time comes you can be held responsible for those involuntary impulses by the same structure that induced them. All this, while organisations talk about ethics and grandstand when it comes to human rights. I have not seen much of the world, but I am acquainted with India. The approach here is the illusion of complete freedom (with fundamental duties of course) and the reality of complete exploitative pavlovian micromanagement of personal lives of people. The psychology of healing has no place here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...