An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Tuesday, 23 July 2024
A Writer's Flashback
If I look back at when I formally started writing, it would be beginning of 2010. I have been writing before that too, but it was in 2010 that I started a blog. That time was of hope and dreams. I actually believed that future would have flying cars back then as I was primed by Discovery channel in childhood to believe so. It was a surprise when I discovered that the future is going to be a subjectively desolate dystopia where everything would be shiny but people wouldn't be happy and satisfied and in the worst case scenario it might also turn into an actual dystopia. Back then I was a fan of Franz Kafka and the noir genre. I used to read a lot of short stories and cheap Indian novels. I actually wanted to be a writer, and since I was already studying to be a physician, I wanted to be a physician-writer. I wanted to write novels and comic books. As early as 2012 I had the plot of my first novel ready in my head and as late as 2015 I had been collecting inspirations for my novel. Writing a novel is not hard, but writing a good novel is. And I wanted my novel to be a good one. As of now, I have ideas of two novels in my head and I can strech my first novel into a series. I started writing my novels for Wattpad, because they are inside me and I need to get them out, I do not have any intent of getting them formally published anymore because Indian publishing houses are a circlejerk who only publish established, famous or well connected individuals and are propaganda eco chambers. I write my novels for the sole reason of getting them out of my system and for deriving creative pleasure while I do so. I have a bit of OCD, I need to organize things, and initially I used to leave things unorganised to battle it. Just to satisfy my OCD I had to have different writing spaces got different types and genres of writing, for example I needed to have a seperate blog for satire and serious writing, and thus I ended up having multiple blogs. Recently I compiled all my writings on a single blog, and now they are easy to access. I think I have won over my OCD. I still have multiple blogs, for different genres and kinds of writing but now they are not due to any compulsion. When I was younger I used to do poetry. I used to vent my feelings through poetry I wrote a bit of romantic poetry in this period and all sometimes erotic poetry. I still write poetry but less often. It's 2024, and it's been more than fourteen years since I have been formally writing and I continue to write despite knowing that writing is useless. Artificial intelligence, now, can write better than humans, and majority of people, due to social and other media being accessible, do not read. Still, I continue to write for creative pleasure and to be better at my craft, as it is the only art I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment