Friday, 28 June 2024

The Slice of Freedom

 Is adaptation necessary? Life can become complex. You see outcasts and you see the trailblazers. Who decides who is an outcast or who is a trailblazer? There are people who decide that. I believe in following rules and it actually is something that has brought me the most suffering, though it is a very individual thing and there is no one size that fits all. People listen and play rock music in this country, but if the same is done by a boy in small town, it won't be digestible to a lot of people. Happiness evades some people, and to them my advice would be to be happy with that situation. I love books, I have always loved them but after a point of time I realised that books are the expressions of delusions of others, either delusions or imaginations. I'm not talking about academic books here. I'm just talking about books. After a point of time in one's life, survival becomes more prominent than love and at this point in my life my love for books and stories started to fade away, not that I've ever been fan of survival. The actual reason my love for books started fading away was the realisations that books are a lie, and there are other very hard and practical reason too. Though I keep forgetting that books are escape and comfort too. One can escape into fantasy, travel the world and other worlds through books, and I have to keep myself reminding this to keep my passion for books alive. Following rules can be tricky, especially when they are conjured from the thin air for the purpose of oppressing. Not letting people read books is an old trick in the business of oppression and it is weaved into having guilt of damaging nationalistic pride by learning from other culture and if the other culture is superior then there comes the idea of being deserving to read those books and gain that knowledge. It is a political method of keeping people away from knowledge and happiness and one would have thought that these things don't happen in the present world. They happen, and a level so deep that there isn't any level deeper than that. Though the very level it happens on invalidates it, given that existence of that level is realised. What seperates a great civilization from a third world country? The fact that people in a great civilization do not shroud their base desires in morality and righteousness. The basic thing about hiding base desires behind morality is that it is, for the most part, done by scoundrels, who think they are the keepers of moral order of the society while at the same time excusing themselves of all morality and righteous thought and behaviour. When oppression becomes such that you fear learning from other cultures, or deriving pleasure from fictional works of authors from other culture while at the same time feeling that you don't deserve to read literature from other cultures (especially if that culture is perceived by some as superior to your culture) you must realise that you live in a third world. Adaptation is not necessary, it's just what gentlemen and weak do. And it's upto you to find out which of the two you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Haystack

You lock in. Chekhov’s spirit flows in your nerves, it’s stream of consciousness. You roleplay Samurai Jack, trapped in the future with shap...