I am like that. You never know when I will do what. I am reckless. She was standing in front of my car, it was her mistake. She paid for it, with her life. I mauled her. I never did like her face. I never liked her behavior. I never liked her at all. Yesterday when she was standing in front of my car, I felt an uncontrollable impulse of…. well…., It was bumpy.
I know the police won’t be able to hold me in the lockup for long. My dad’s in the ministry and that makes me the dad of police. I have never been in lockup for this long. It usually took one or two hours earlier. I wonder why things are taking so long. I will better sleep than to sit and watch these khaki assholes.
Ahh.. It’s so cold here. They haven’t given me a blanket even. The cold is making me question my decision first time in my life. May be I shouldn’t have mauled that bitch. But she was so ugly, she deserved that. She deserved liberation from her pathetic life. It was fun when the car went over her and everybody still thought that I am drunk. Oh, I was drunk definitely, but not so much that I missed out the pleasure of hearing her bones breaking.
I am feeling hungry. Bastards haven’t given me anything to eat since last 24 hours. I don’t know why dad is not taking any action. I am dying here in this shit hole and he must be sitting in his A.C. office. My stomach is giving hunger pangs since long. I want to get out and get a huge subway sandwich, it will be like heaven.
I am sitting in the lockup and watching the khaki assholes doing their job, nothing else to do except for waiting for my too eased dad to come and get his son out of the lockup. One of the khaki dogs comes to me throws in a newspaper. I read the head line, ‘State minister Balwant Rai and family dies in a car bomb blast’.
Dad, mom and Tanya are no more. It was a terrible joke. I call the khaki dog near me and grab his neck from behind the bars. The bastard is struggling helplessly. More of them come to his rescue. One of them hits me with his lathi. World gets blurred.
I shouldn’t have done what I did. I regret it. She was a nice girl. She always talked nicely to me. Why I did that? May be I was drunk. I shouldn’t have drunk that much that night. I don’t know what to do. May be I if I ask forgiveness to her family members they will forgive me. I should do that. I will do that. I will fall on their feet and ask for forgiveness.
I was sitting quietly in the lockup when two of the policemen arrived. They are taking me somewhere. I don’t know what is happening. I question them but they are laughing. They throw me in the police jeep and the jeep goes on road. They took me to a secluded area where I see man in police uniform waiting probably for me. Finally someone got me out of that hell. I thanked God.
The man waiting for me smiles at me when I got out of the jeep. I smile back at him. He looked like an angel who had come to free me of my worries. He came back to me and asked, ‘Do you know who I am?’
‘No, but definitely you are the one who is going to get me out of my troubles’, I replied.
‘Be sure of that’, he said and smiled.
He then cuffed my hands and pinned me to the ground. It happened so soon that I couldn’t resist it. He then tied my legs. The headlamps of the police jeep bathed me with yellow light.
He smiles again, “I wouldn’t have been able to get you so easy if your corrupt father wasn’t dead. I would have got you anyway but his death made things easy, now I don’t have to risk myself.”
He signals the jeep. It starts coming towards me. I look at his face closely again. It resembles her.
“I am her brother!” , He said with an expression of agony and hatred.
The jeep was coming towards me. He was looking at me. His face showed satisfaction. The yellow light of the jeep made his face shine like an angel’s. A minute ago he looked like a devil but now he was looking like an angel; an angel who certainly was about to get me out of all the troubles.

No comments:
Post a Comment