An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Monday, 21 September 2026
Write Concepts #27
In the late 2000s and early 2010s I wanted to be a novelist. I had my ideas about my first novel and at present if you'd ask me about the kind of novels I would want to write my answer will be literary quality pulp novels. From early 2010s to now I realised that novels are structurally impossible in this nation now except for rich housewives. Or maybe it's just for me, but I don't see many novels in popular culture since the early 2010s. I was motivated back in the day and I could've written the stories that I wanted but I was waiting to get better and I realise that that time never really arrives. I have my cognitive handicaps but then I see social media, Facebook, Instagram and X and see that majority of artists are rehashing their old works instead of creating something new. I have plans of two or three novels and a couple of novellas and a bunch of short stories and flash fiction and I am hoping that despite my cognitive decline in the past decade I am able to execute the plans. I have stopped writing poetry because I am not as romantic as I used to be before and at present my poems are just for one muse. I, however, write prose poetry based on my experiences and imagination which more often turns out to be surrealistic and with political subtext but I don't need to fret because all art is political and unfortunately all life too. I have seen and experienced kafkaesque scenarios and when that happens to a person regularly they first see the biopolitics of the world and then their eyes open to the necropolitics of the world. It's hard to find good stories anymore except the ones that I have already read, but since I love comics, graphic novels and superhero movies I keep myself occupied with entertainment whenever I feel the need to get entertained. I wanted to be pulp-literary novelist and a comic book writer and I recently saw a doctor, an ophthalmologist, writing Hindi comics though I have realised that time of comics in this nation has passed and I say this because in the past decade I got acquainted to the root of all problems in this nation. Though whoever is getting involved with indigenous comics has my best wishes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Write Concepts #27
In the late 2000s and early 2010s I wanted to be a novelist. I had my ideas about my first novel and at present if you'd ask me about th...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
-
Like all the males in the world I too ponder upon this question sometimes. ‘What was God Thinking?’ I mean just think, are they really made ...
No comments:
Post a Comment