An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Tuesday, 15 September 2026
Write Concepts #26
I think long and hard about the kind of things that I want to write about. It's hard to be able to hit the spot in this political economy in the things you want to write about. My writing style if I talk about modern writers, as far as I have seen, is close to China Mieville and Caitlin R. Kiernan which is too much to ask in the modern Indian political economy. Writing is anyway redundant and indigenous myth-making has collapsed. There are some comic book hobbyist trying to make collections of old Indian comics on Facebook but I don't think it is going to last long. You go on Facebook and find a lot of comic book readers who used to read comics in Hindi can't even express themselves properly even in Hindi, survival does that to you. I wanted to experiment with mythofiction, yes, like Kalki 2898 AD, but then I ended up realising the base of the polity is rape, and mythology, mythofiction and rape don't go together, though the itch of mythofiction might end up making me write a bunch of mythofiction short stories. My favourite superheroes are John Constantine and The Punisher, though I like all the superheroes, each one of them, but comics in India is dead by now and the way this country is going it doesn't matter if it's dead. I have found the singularity in the genres I want to write in though I have realised by now that good never wins and although one can make-believe if one is privileged enough, this make-believe is not for everyone. Books have anyway stopped coming out mostly and now campy romances are also useless because the way this country is evolving one has to get license for romance and anyway there is no romance without dignity. What is left are privileged rich housewives pumping books that have that elaborate privileged struggle, and don't get me wrong any struggle is struggle it's just not my thing, and poverty porn. I am glad that comics are dead, it is one of my favourite mediums of storytelling and it's great that they are dead in this shithole of a country. And anyway they are so expensive that very few people can afford them, yes, even the indigenous ones. The only true entertainment this country deserves is that in which there is a bhabhi waiting for you 2 kms away. Helps in sleeping good. Isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fugly
A person, man or woman, needs an anchor in their life. For a large majority of people that anchor is their family. Family has been my anchor...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
-
Like all the males in the world I too ponder upon this question sometimes. ‘What was God Thinking?’ I mean just think, are they really made ...
No comments:
Post a Comment