Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Sapling

Compartmentalisation is a neat trick to manage one's mind. I used to rely heavily on compartmentalisation until heavy stress acted like a mixer grinder and my compartments were dismantled though a good habit is as hard to break as a bad habit so the jumbled up compartments fell back in their place once the stressful situation passed. I write publicly for a couple of reasons, one I want to bring awareness about what I know is going on in this country, I do not care about the world though I care about the earth, two, I like being creative and practice an art and writing is the art I have chosen and the basic reasons behind my writing are to make people aware and informed, sometimes to make them feel warmth in a society that is turning cold and transactional, to retain and preserve the older styles of written expression and sometimes to entertain them. Though in the past decade I have increasingly realised the fact that writing as well as reading is redundant now. Though reading expands consciousness in more than one way and writing lets us make sense of our own interiority. When I realised that the standard mode of existence in this country is living without dignity my life became easier though it is my belief that dignity just like honour is within the person and someone can try to humiliate you and rob your dignity but they can't really take it permanently. A dignified and honourable life is a way of life. I sometime ago had decided that I would use this blog for gonzo journalism, it's a style of writing that matches my style though I still have to work on the nitty gritty of gonzo to do it right other than that, on this blog, I'd go for prose poetry. My prose poetry ends up turning surrealistic and violent some times and it's not because I am violent, it is because this country is extremely violent beneath the curfew like existence that we live in. When I started writing more than fifteen years ago, I used to write humorous or slice of life blog posts, poems and short stories and I wanted to write an adventure novel dealing with supernatural elements and was preparing for it. Then in the early 2010s the political and socioeconomic environment of this country and the world changed. Fiction is as redundant as non-fiction now though I might end up writing the stories that I have already planned if I have cognitive bandwidth for the same. An important thing that I have learnt in my life is that it doesn't matter what you are or what you want to be, but what you do. It's important to keep oneself busy and practice any art, like I write, or a hobby, like gardening if daily hustle of existence allows it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EIC

Colonization whether it be of a country or person or intimate life of a person works by invalidating the history. Personal colonization work...