An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Friday, 29 May 2026
Tarantino Barjatya
I diagnose suffering through my writing but what's the treatment? There is no cure for this condition, especially in a socio-political and feudal arrangement where people's family histories and memories are being destroyed in retrospect to, for the most part, prevent them from socio-economic mobility. I have seen it and it's like an elevator ride through the socio-economic strata. I'm from considerably well off family by its own standards but I have seen poverty, and this poverty wasn't poverty actually as I was eating what I wanted to, watching OTTs, sleeping in air-conditioning. The kind of poverty that I felt was an induced mental state despite being skilled in what I do, and my work not being dependent on job creators, an inability in becoming self-reliant. I did my best and I do my best, but then imagine someone in my condition and without food, contacts and air-conditioning. The violence on me has not been purely structural or psychological, it has been physiological and without any basis, and by basis I mean basis in morality, ethics, social conventions and law. It's funny that after my medical degree I wanted to specialise in physiology, the same domain in which I was violated but then as my knowledge and experience grew I realised that this is a systemic arrangement and at a deeper level whimsical hatecrimes or predation is committed and then the victim is blamed for their own downfall and then eliminated and it all ends up looking like fate or God's will. When actually God is nowhere in this arrangement except being a tranquilizer or something that accompanies one in their suffering. Since there is no cure for this arrangement only prescription that I have in such a setting is having fun and as much as possible, creating good memories for oneself. Unfortunately ability to create good memories too is a structural allowance, a provision by the so-called providence which in this country is a criminal syndicate populated by informal participants and possibly from individual who hold formal positions too. So, as it goes, only prescription remains in this case is to have fun. A rickshawala who drinks his desi pouch in the evening knows this thing subconsciously and acts accordingly. The privileged can have vast lives but unfortunately they are what they are, privileges. The best part of it was that I had no business in it, I had offended no one who was in power, did nothing that would offend power and took the violence for more than a decade until I realised that there is predation of totally helpless and dispossessed going on in this country by individuals totally undeserving of the power they have been given to exercise. I couldn't do much so I just decided to name the mechanisms and I can't really be blamed for it because since the start my style was to do my work and mind my business and when I became the earning edge I quietly chose my corner, social, professional and economic wanting to silently devote my time to my work. There is zero authenticity in a country even in the backward regions in which you would expect organic existence, when there is no authentic and organic existence in a third world country then there is not much left to discuss and debate after that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment