An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Wednesday, 21 January 2026
From Lord Byron's Asshole
I started writing when I was in college and it was at the same time I started writing poetry. I can technically say that writing saved my life, but then I would also say that knowing what I know about the world and specifically this country one actually stops caring about saving their lives. I was a romantic sort of a poet, and I idolized people like Lord Byron. When things got a bit too hot to handle, I sublimated it by writing sensuous and erotic poetry. There was a time when people used to sublimate their desires through poetry and literature now, in the times we live in, they open an OnlyFans account. I'm saying this because by now I know that it's all a systemic issue. I was young naive and idealistic, and I used to think science will take humanity to new frontiers, humans would be able to terraform other planets, there would be interplanetary transportation. The truth that I realised after my idealism and romanticism evaporated was that humanity is in the deepest pit of slavery than it ever was in the recorded history. I wouldn't be surprised if in sometime there would be seperate train stations for the rich and the poor of this country, wait, isn't this already happening? Bullet train stations? You still doubt? Check the news, there are plans for seperate stations for the Amrit Bharat trains. Is it "Dogs and Indians not allowed" once again? I hate to break it to you that it had never left. The British left the tradition for their coolies. The issue however is not seperate spaces for people. It's a free country, and even though the constitution forbids it, logically speaking one is free to put up any board they want, even "Dogs and Indians not allowed" boards. The issue however is that the coolies that the British left behind have a very bad kink of inviting people who are not even interested in going to parties, to their parties, and the poor guys go to those parties out of politeness and courtesy and then these motherfuckers humiliate them. Gandhi liberated the whole country, on paper, just because the British threw him out of the first class coach despite having the ticket. But that's what Gandhi did, liberated the country just on paper so that a well orchestrated simulation of democracy can run and mask something that is essentially a criminal syndicate which poses to people as the providence. I'm not bothered about separate stations or for that matter spaces for the poor and how they hesitate entering places like malls which are supposed to be public spaces. What bothered me was destruction of what gave the poor and common people of this country dignity, and it is when my eyes opened to the actual shitshow going behind the scenes in this, what is supposed to be an ancient civilization that I realised it is all intentional. They destroyed the folk culture remnants of which you can still find in parts of Rajasthan, they destroyed local cultures that organically developed for thousands of years and now they prevent people from eating pizzas with their own hard earned money. The self-hatred of the coolies should be a topic of study and research in Oxford, Cambridge and Yale unfortunately the places which also educate these coolies. I had a very beautiful way of perceiving the existence, but I realised that humanity, after so much progress, can be ultimately defined as "saving one's own wealth and women and taking others'". You might think that this is kind of a rapey mindset and it can't really be true, but then you haven't seen what I have seen. No one in Lutyen's Delhi recites Ramcharitmanas like a common god-fearing man at the ghats of Varanasi does, and yet the gods are with the ones sitting in Lutyen's and perpetually evades the man reciting Ramcharitmanas while he goes around arranging dowry for his daughters marriage. I say 90s were the best times because the ones in control hadn't yet decided on enforcing complete totalitarian slavery, though exploitation and extortion were still rampant, but each social class still had a beauty of its own. Lower class kids had gilli danda, middle class kids had their comics and upper class kids had their coke bottles. Now, after seeing the setup closely in the past decade I can say with confidence that every institution in this country is a mimicry of itself. And in the past decade the hyperreality that sustained sanity in this country has collapsed taking people who used to be aware citizens into depth of insanity with it. It's totalitarian slavery and dogma for the lower and middle classes now and just that while they get exploited, their sons become scammers and their daughter get sexually exploited while a South Africa like but hidden and insidious apartheid carries on unsaid. Poetry doesn't help here. Journals might still do, but most heartbreaking thing is that there are people in this country not even literate enough to be able to write journals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment