An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Monday, 19 January 2026
Faith and Politics
What do physical and mental handicaps motivate us for? They motivate us for focusing on what can be done. One has to let go thinking about their handicaps and focus on what they can do the best and then keep doing it till they do it good. Mastery or perfection should not be thought about much but they remain in the background as goals to be reached, the real thing that should be thought about is doing what one is doing, correctly, and this comes with the experience of doing. Also, nothing beats clear concepts, and so concepts should always be clear. I had read in childhood about the process of knowledge, understanding and application and it has helped me a lot. Gain knowledge, understand it thoroughly and apply it correctly. I think about my political atheism and I write about it often too. My political atheism came about through my empirical understanding of the world and since I write about my personal choice of political atheism in my writings I also, almost make it clear that, I retain faith at a personal level. Atheism and living as an atheist is not a choice of all and it is especially dependent on the socio-economic stratum that belongs to. If one belongs to an upper socio-economic stratum, life as an atheist is significantly easy compared to an atheist in the lower socio-economic stratum, though it also greatly depends on individuality of people. My political atheism is about my being closer to the truth, as I have a belief that if at all there is a conscious god and not only in the form of archetypes and energy, he must be at least as intelligent as me, I mean it is given. I do not depend on God for things unfolding in my life, but I do depend on my faith as a cultural anchor and as an intimate spirituality. My clan has a tradition of clan goddess and I believe in her, I believe in the Divine feminine and I believe that archetypes infused with energy empower people. I believe that even though it's the politics that controls the religion and religion that controls access to God and people can find their comfort and community with whichever form of God they believe in. I never question someone's faith unless it is outright superstition because I know that faith heals. Faith and belief can help one cure major illnesses and it has been repeatedly proved in the field of medicine and I'm not talking about psychosomatology, there is something greater than that. Places of worship are important because everyone goes their with good energy and reverence and unless one is outright evil, which is tragic but happens more often in the world, one gets to feel the good energies and reverence in the atmosphere. It's politics and economics that control our life, but it's faith that keeps us on right and true path, gives life meaning and to a lot of people gives community. I couldn't find the God I grew up learning about in the society but it's not about the societal God, it's about faith seperated from dogma, fear and greed. It's about faith sought for reverence and peace. I find gnosticism a quite intriguing philosophy and although it has structure like dogmatic religion too I find it quite interesting as a philosophy. Reading other philosophical tradition and comparing it with indigenous ones like Advaita Vedanta, Shakta, Shaivism, Samkhya and many others philosophies that this land has produced is an interesting thing to do. Atheism is not a proper choice for people in lower strata, as it brings with itself the threat of persecution and exploitation which a person in the higher class equipped with education and other tools can negotiate with, and it is the reason why you see a lot of atheists, who have become atheist due to spite on account of their suffering asserting their atheism all the time. The truth is that if a person law abiding or idealistic faith keeps him on the right path though religion as an entity is not a guarantee of being a good person as we in our daily lives encounter a lot of religious people who are outright evil. Faith is great motivator, a lot of people motivate themselves through their belief in higher power. Faith can help people overcome their handicaps, and faith can help people go through their tough times but the world we are living in increasingly exploits people for their faith and it is here demarcation between faith as an empowering entity and an exploitable entity is important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment