An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Saturday, 26 July 2025
Nagraj Aur Shango
When we finally ignore the useless bullshit it is then we can focus on things that actually matter. What matters? Love does. Family does. Money does. Truth does. Knowledge does. Your preferences, interests and hobbies do. The setting we live in today other relationships don't matter that much even though they are essential for survival and it is because things can quite suddenly deteriorate to the bottom line. My personal goal is to recreate comic book style narratives which are deep enough to personally pull you into it. There was a bunch of it in late 2000s and early 2010s, and there were a lot of it in the 90s. Though the comic book narratives that I experienced in 90s and late 2000s and early 2010s were different in nature, quality and the worlds they transported you into but they did their jobs pretty well, of transporting you in other narrative worlds. Even the same people who used to produce those comics aren't able to reproduce that magic again, and that tells you a lot about the intellectual curfew that we are living in present. I love Lovecraft so I'd probably check out comics based on his works. Druuna is one of my favourite characters as far as eroticism in comics is concerned. The disappointment is that Indians now don't have the moral fabric and integrity to make comics. Yes, old masters still exist but there is noone in younger generation to replace them. Morally compromised scum can't make good art they however can make good skill based propaganda which is what you see these days on Indian television, in cinema theatres and print media. The westeners have ethics, their artists have ethics, their writers have ethics and that includes comic book writers and I'm not talking about corporations just artists. Indian artists used to have ethics, the oldies still do and they are busy reminiscing old times on Facebook, the same greats that gave us awesome comics that made our childhoods richer. The first novel I had planned was an adventure novel, it was a science-fiction adventure novel and I used to love the vibe of that thing I had planned. It was cool, it was fun and it was adventurous. Just a bunch of years later, with inspirations for it saved in my Tumblr I realised that existence in this country has only one meaning family based suffering and money based suffering and there is no room for imagination here. Authentic creativity and narratives are crushed as soon as they surface and people are forcefully made to consume foreign creativity and narratives because indigenous narratives are substandard. It's the same as poor folk making videos on Moj app and the privileged on Instagram. The stratification is so intense that there is stratification in even internet apps I just gave you example of Moj app and Instagram. Comics were only rage until the controllers of the minds of people in this nation thought that it is a good way to keep kids away from studies and filtering them and as soon as they realised that reading anyways makes the mind grow, comics disappeared from the scene. Seems unbelievable? Yes, things are this simple and and the ones having access to your minds are this retarded. The privileged kids consume foreign videogames, anime and other foreign media while the unprivileged consume unfiltered reality and throw stones on running trains. I have things in pipeline and I will write them when I get enough time and drive. It's funny this nation. Till then you can enjoy the substandard shit that Bollywood is churning out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nimbuda
The way I have been exposed to the land we live in, I realise that it's all about appearances and keeping appearances and none about the...
-
26/7/21 It’s 2013 and your head is getting sexual thoughts. You are a poet by nature and except for watching some movies that young people o...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Doing art is difficult when your mind is entrenched in science. I mean how can you express the beauty of the moon when you are hardwired for...
No comments:
Post a Comment