Thursday, 31 July 2025

Barter

What is it about inspiration? Is inspiration business? Seems like it.  Art requires inspiration and if you have to pay for what you get inspired from the discussion ends. I prefer Linux over Windows when I can manage without Windows. But Windows comes free with computers and MS Office doesn’t really run on Linux machines. I still use Zorin, Mint and Ubuntu and Pop OS when I can. Linux is a community based project, it is open source and I didn’t mind paying for Zorin Pro and it was great, and mostly without bugs . I have multiple machines running Windows but only because Windows came free with them and when they are older I would replace them with Linux. Games are a problem but with Proton, I don’t think they are going to be a problem for long. Windows is very optimised, and that’s what happens when a corporation makes a product and community based products can’t really match it at that level though there are exceptions. Wikipedia is a community based project and I donate to it regularly. If you are intelligent enough you’d come to know when Wikipedia is lying and it really can’t lie much on scientific things which is what I generally access. So actually this conversation is about paying for inspiration. You are at an art gallery and you see an art piece and get inspired, do you have to pay for it to make another art inspired by it? I mean just inspired and not a copy neither using the same elements as that art. What about the inspirations you got from the movies and books you torrented? Now suppose an entity that actively steals your thoughts, ideas and original research wants you to pay for your inspirations, and the movies you downloaded on torrents. Sad isn’t it? In Purvanchal the basic currency of social existence is favours and revenge not on the face but at the deep political level and as I have already told you rape too is a currency here, kind of you hurt my ego and I would rape your mother or sister in front of you. Very Afghanistani approach I would say. Again, Varanasi is in Purvanchal. It is the state of the deepest establishment, something even deeper than the government. This is what absolute edge and upper hand in power dynamic does, it corrupts absolutely and irreversibly. So if I listen to a song on YouTube and get inspired to write something, should I pay for getting inspired? I mean I did see the ad or paid for it if I have YouTube premium? Nothing is free except air. Even water is not free because all the sources of natural water have been polluted for the most part. Can you see things clearly now? This entity steals from you every moment of your life and makes you pay for things that you don’t even use and the cycle of paying for things that you don’t even want or use continues till you are dead. It’s called exploitation. Can you feel God anywhere in the picture? There isn’t. Only God that there is is within ourselves. I donate for community based products, and I buy things that I use and I make a note when I get exploited, because sometimes you can’t help but get exploited. Nothing is free and like it’s said there are no free lunches, but I have seen free lunches, in my village and my family giving people free lunches. How did society devolve to this? The answer is lust and greed. If something is free then you are the product. Ever thought why Whatsapp is free? What’s the actual model behind products like these? The truth is that we would never know the actual model and from what I have seen, business models are hogwash. The game is rigged and after some time we might have to pay for clean air too. I used to think people with power behave responsibly. The truth is they don’t. They really go for all out exploitation and all out totalitarianism. Some of us just see it way before than others, before it is normalised and we get used to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

उफान

सपने टूटते हैं  तो दिल टूट जाता है, दर्द का दरिया उमड़ता है कभी, कभी गुस्से का उफान, खालीपन सा घर कर लेता है  सीने में और फिर हम फिर उस खालीप...