There used to be blogs in late 2000s and early 2010s in which people used to share their lives and took interest in each others lives. Blogging was new back then and it was a good time for longform writing. Personal blogs became extinct by mid 2010s and other blogs either became monetized or became propaganda websites and then social media took over so longform writing ended. Recently I saw some Hindi writers doing longform writing on Facebook which was encouraging because Hindi literature has been totally decimated and it has disappeared from the mainstream and until even late 2010s there was no sign of Hindi literary writing, let alone on Facebook. It’s basically few women trying to preserve culture through Hindi literature but it is an appreciable effort. Even when personal blog died down in mid 2010s and other blogs became propaganda websites, I actually never stopped writing longform. These days a lot of what I write is political but it’s mostly because I just want to get it over with and when that happens I’ll get back to writing about the things I love. Thanks to my study of psychiatry I finally realised that mental health issues are basically political persecution and torture and going by that I have kind of suffered it since my college days but I don’t regret it because that’s what got me into writing in the first place. I related to Kafka when I was eighteen and I finally realised why I did that after I crossed thirty. The worst part of it all is that in country political persecution doesn’t even have any basis, it’s just a bunch of motherfuckers needlessly torturing people based on their whims. It didn’t really surprise me, if you weren’t really shielded as a child and you saw the true nature of this country while growing up, it is exactly the way it is on a psychological plane, in fact the external nature of this country is direct projection of how it is handled at the psychological plane. To give you an idea, it’s basically the kind of guys who scoop out eyes of young children to make them beg at traffic signals who control the minds of people, which I think is pretty optimised staffing for those who actually own this country. I finally realised that you don’t belong to your city, your own culture, it’s just a delusion, however it would definitely be used to discriminate against you whenever required, and if you are on the radar, very regularly. I realise that when people used to write personal blogs, it was the last time people had any agency over their lives, and they were “allowed” to have vast, detailed lives in this country and it was the early 2010s. The government in this country changed in 2014. It might seem that this shit is related to the change in government and I who has been noticing the patterns would have surely thought so had I not had a very personal but funny experience. Still the government in power might play the role in the poverty in quality of life of people in this country, but as far as that funny little incident that I have gone through tells me, it’s as Arvind Kejriwal says, “sab mile huyein hain ji”. It’s anyway basically the rich of the country employing lower class rapists and extrotionists to micromanage the lives of people, and I have finally realised that the emotion that defines the entity that truly governs this nation, which is hopefully not the government, or not only the government, is “sadistic delight” in suffering of people. This is the ultimate truth and I’m glad that I have found it. I’ll continue to write longform though, because I enjoy doing that and hopefully would be able to write about the things I truly love and care about.
An archive of my writings and a place for my writing experiments and projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Competent Authority
You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...
-
Jay thrashed his fingers across the strings of his bass guitar, the basis notes reverberating through the dimly lit club. The cr...
-
Is life beautiful? Well it depends. Is the world beautiful? Again, it depends. The earth though is beautiful and there is no doubt about tha...
-
He saw his result and closed his eyes. He felt like his head is swirling around in circles. He had never expected that from himself but now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment