Friday, 5 July 2024

Exploring The World Through Books

I have a kindle for reading, and I use a text-to-speech reading software for reading my books. I love reading and I love exploring the minds and worlds and perception of the world of writers through their books. Books are like relics that contain worlds within them and I like exploring those worlds. I like writing too and recently I have been reading quite a few books on writing. I have been writing for more than fifteen years now. And I have my favourite things and genres to write but in a world of AI, my writing is just a way of deriving creative pleasure by creating something that I would like to read. It’s kind of, pardon me for the expression, creative masturbation. I write solely for my personal pleasure and I read to explore the worlds and creativity of others.

It’s difficult to read these days, reasons are political so they are not really worth mentioning. Though I try to get my reading quota fulfilled as much as I can. I like noir and hard-boiled stuff and also cosmic horror, I like gothic fiction and Victorian detective fiction, I like weird fiction too. I was brought up in the days when Hindi literature was flourishing and there were numerous magazines and comic books for children and adults alike. It was a great time to grow up in and all the reading back then has definitely had an influence on me. I would definitely like to create the kind of writing that I had read back in the day, those were beautiful times with great literature, and I still miss the worlds that the comicbooks and children’s magazines transported me to back then.

As of present, I like collecting books and videogames. This is my only hobby at present though I want to develop gardening as a hobby too. I have quite a few books and I like reading them when I can read them. The political situation is such that one cannot get enough from reading books and I find it difficult to write, but then I keep trying to read and write. My imagination has suffered, and I am not able to appreciate fiction as much as I used to, but give it a try once in a while and try to enjoy the reading books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...