Sunday, 30 June 2024

Hello Friends, Paani pi lo!

9/10/20


I couldn’t bear to watch the Netflix series, Leila. 'The Namesake’, a movie by the same maker is very close to my heart because of some reasons but Leila is just unbearable. One can say it is based on a true assessment of future depending upon your political leaning but if there is a futuristic near post-apocalyptic fiction, I would prefer it to be simple, like Mad Max, without trying to specifically malign or slander a specific community. Obviously every piece of art including movies has politics in it, but if it’s not a documentary, the least it could be is engrossing or entertaining.

Lack of water is a real thing, and could stem from personal or larger factors. How strange is this world where people sipping cocktails complain about lack of water.

India has no dearth of stories if you want to make webseries but for some reasons Netflix only chooses projects which have the capacity to fan unrest.

I got confused between Atish Taseer and Prayag Akbar, and I don’t think it’s that much of a big mistake, atleast it doesn’t feel like that.

All I can say is sometimes the thirst may not even be real but induced, and even if you want to protest against the lack of water, their can be a balanced way to do it, especially if you have that ability.

I’m no one to long for a Utopia but not having a mountain on the head and not being hammered would be nice, especially when the things said had context. Still, why would I mind when I myself have the habit of oversimplifying things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competent Authority

You imagine a girl painting a picture of you as Tyler Durden from fight club. A pizza delivery boy goes to deliver a pizza at a whorehouse. ...