Saturday, 1 April 2017

Prisoner of peace

You place other people on a higher pedestal than you. Not because they are better than you or you consider yourself less than them. You do it because you try to respect them as much as you respect yourself. But the pre-requisites of respect in the society are predefined. People will judge you if you are black, if you are fat, if you are gay. They will judge you if you are kind. I am neither fat nor gay, and i am brown in a country of brown people. I have friends who are fat and who are gay. Society doesn’t give chance to the good ones. The rejects become evil. But not as evil as the real devils. Rejects become evil because they undergo suffering. And there are some who enjoy making others suffer.
I underwent transformation and saw the truth beyond the facade. I saw how the system works. I couldn’t take it. Leave the fat ones, the black ones, the brown ones, the weak ones, the ones with birth anomalies, with polio, with cerebral palsy, leave all of them alone.
I believed in justice, in equality, in a god. I never got rejected except by a girl. And that’s fine. Who wants to get accepted on this kind of society? In this place full of hypocrites and scoundrels.
I did a social experiment and found everything i had guessed about the world was true.
But i stick on to hope. I hope to make the world a better place. I’ll be in the society and follow its rules in a hope of a better future. I will not give into scoundrels and hypocrites. I won’t give them power to reject me. I reject them. As i have rejected myself for being like them. I will only accept myself when i am completely free, when i am independent of the societal influences. When i am free of anarchy, democracy, and monarchy. If i want to be a prisoner, i want to be a prisoner of peace.

July 27, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

उफान

सपने टूटते हैं  तो दिल टूट जाता है, दर्द का दरिया उमड़ता है कभी, कभी गुस्से का उफान, खालीपन सा घर कर लेता है  सीने में और फिर हम फिर उस खालीप...