I watched dhoom 3 few days ago and did not like it. My taste in movies i guess, has changed and even if hadn't i would have found dhoom 3 a total waste of time and money.
Some people are calling dhoom 3 an escapist romp, well I don't know. I feel Krrish is an escapist romp, most of the Mahesh Bhatt movies are escapist romps. Dhoom 3 on the other hand is just a way to show how you can effectively burn 150 crore rupees without achieving anything and still mint money out of that nothing.
Personally i really liked the earlier movies in the series. Dhoom, because i was a teen then and i had seen superbikes and that kind of hollywoodesque action first time in bollywood and Dhoom 2 becuase of Hrithik Roshan and it's potential to surprise me at that time. Dhoom 3 on the other hand is a failure, both in terms of surprise, and action. Nothing new or exciting in terms of action could be seen.
I have stopped expecting any thing even close to good acting from Abhishek Bachchan but Amir Khan was a disappointment, that after watching his strong performance in Talaash. The director Vijay Krishna Acharya i think is fit for the tag of the next Anubhav Sinha of Bollywood, only thing is that Anubhav Sinha is decently original in his showoff business.
Anyhow this movie is a success, and this fact, i think must have made Satyajit Ray twist in his grave uncomfortably.
No comments:
Post a Comment